This is another language belonging to the group South Central Dravidian languages.
Telugu is spoken mainly in India, in the state of Andhra Pradesh,where it is the official language. It is also spoken in the Yanam District and the neighboring states of Chattisgarh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Orissa and Tamil Nadu.
Outside of India:
Telugu is also spoken in Bahrain, Fiji, Malaysia, Mauritius, USA, Singapore, UK, UAE, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
* Writing System: Telugu is written with the Brahmi alphabet.
* Brahmi is a syllabic writing system, so the words usually end with a vowel sound.
* The direction of writing, in the beginning, was from right to left. But for the past few centuries is has been written in the opposite direction.
* Telugu has influences from Sanskrit and Prakrit, and to a lesser extent Urdu.
* Telugu has its own graphical representation for the number system:
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
0 ౧ ౨ ౩ ౪ ౫ ౬ ౭ ౮ ౯
* Nouns show number (singular, plural), gender (masculine, feminine and neutral) and case (nominative, accusative, vocative, among others).
* The Telugu vocabulary has been heavily influenced by Sanskrit, and has many words from this source.
If you need a free quote, send us your information and a representative will get in touch shortly.