GALA, the acronym of Globalization and Localization Association, is an international non-profit organization whose members specialize in language services, translation and technology applied to this industry. Its members include translation agencies, localization service providers, globalization consultants, internationalization specialists and language technology developers.
GALA promotes local communication as an indispensable ingredient for global communication. It also promotes teamwork in the areas of translation, localization, internationalization and globalization.
This partnership offers an open invitation to all companies in these industries to come together to meet the market needs through increased knowledge flow in a combined effort to generate new business and reduce costs.
Globalization and Localization
Regarding the definitions of globalization and localization, we have addressed this issue previously:
Who are or may become members of GALA
Those who are available to join this partnership are: companies offering products or services of translation, localization, internationalization and globalization, among others, developers of tools, and providers of training and consultation, provided they comply with GALA’s Code of Conduct, the Non-Disclosure Agreement and payment of an annual fee.
GALA is composed of:
* Providers of Localization Services: those who adapt products or services to provide a more natural feel for the residents of a particular region. This process takes into account language, culture and customs, among other features, the market in which the product or service is being offered.
* Developers of language technology: technology that facilitates the efficient use of multilingual content and streamlines time marketing solutions.
* Translation companies with more than 6,700 languages in 230 countries; these companies provide global communications.
* Researchers and training institutes, who write reports and publications with information that allows the industry to evolve at a steady rate.
* Globalization and internationalization consultants: they review business processes, management procedures and the adaptation of marketing tools.